Terms of Hire for HISC hire fleet
1. Boats may generally be hired only to Members of the Club who will be required to produce proof of Membership and identity prior to hiring.
Non-Club Members may hire a boat on production of the written permission of the Rear Commodore Youth of HISC or the General Manager of the Club and provided no Club Member wishes to hire the Boat at that time.
2. No Boat will be hired to the same person or family for a period in excess of 7 consecutive days without the approval in writing of the Rear Commodore Youth.
3. The HISC Office may require the hirer to provide a deposit against damage of not more than £50 prior to the hiring in addition to the hire fee.
Hirers shall reimburse the club for any loss or damage caused during their period of hire, to a dinghy or a third party, and shall either, a) pay the full cost of replacement and/or repair costs, or b) pay the amount of any insurance excess applicable which is £50, whichever is the lesser amount.
4. The HISC Office will operate a hire booking system and will make arrangements for the acceptance of bookings by telephone every day between the hours of 09.30 and 17.00.
6. The Chandlery premises on the Club site will be open every Saturday and Sunday and on Bank and Public holidays from 1 April to 30 September usually between 09.30 and 15.00hrs.
And will make arrangements to provide the hire service if there is a demand for hirings from Monday to Friday during the Easter, Summer half term and Summer school holidays and at such other times and dates as the Club may reasonably require.
7. The Chandlery will check all Boats before and after each hiring and at its discretion may require the hirer to reimburse the cost of any damage to the Boat or for lost equipment, fair wear and tear excepted.
Boats must be returned to the Chandlery by the hirer with all their equipment immediately after use, packed away, washed down and free from sand.
The Club/Chandlery may make such enquiries of the hirer prior to the hiring as it considers appropriate to satisfy itself that the hirer is competent to sail the boat and has the right to refuse a hiring on such grounds as it considers fit.
Hirers will be bound by the Club rules and bye laws and go afloat at their own risk in accordance with bye law 4.11(a).
The Club/Chandlery shall require that all persons using a hire boat shall wear a buoyancy aid at all times whilst afloat.
The hirer may not sail the Boat other than from the Club site without the written approval of the Rear Commodore Youth.
The Club/Chandlery may impose such other conditions on the hire of the boats as it considers reasonably necessary.