RYA Dinghy Instructor
Upon successful completion of this RYA professional qualification candidates will be able to teach new sailors elements of the National Sailing Scheme under the supervision of an RYA Senior Instructor.
Click here for 2024 training price list (RYA Dinghy Instructor)
- Minimum age 16 (no candidates will be accepted for training under this age)
- A valid RYA First Aid certificate, or another acceptable first aid qualification
- RYA Safe & Fun online certificate
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 certificate
- RYA membership
- Pre-entry sailing assessment completed within one year prior to the Instructor training course
28th October-1st November
What to bring
Make sure you have the appropriate clothing for the weather. A wetsuit is encouraged, footwear you’re happy to get wet, layers if it’s cold, sun cream and a hat if it’s not and a buoyancy aid. Alternatively, the buoyancy aid can be rented from the club for a small fee.
During the summer, the snack bar will be open to purchase snacks, drinks, and lunch. The restaurant will also be open for dinner in the evenings.
Our Dunes and Stocker accommodation blocks offer a range of different rooms. From our admiral’s cabin through to the cadets’, there will be something suitable for everyone.
We have a large carpark onsite and down our causeway. However, if you are in a motorhome you will have to find alternative parking for overnight stays.